Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Looking at a used 340i and wondering if a pre purchase inspection is worth it
#1
I'm seriously considering buying a 2017 340i from a private seller here in Abu Dhabi and the car looks clean on the surface but I know these things can hide expensive problems. The guy is asking a fair price but he doesn't have full service records and that makes me nervous. A friend told me I should never buy a used BMW without getting it checked first and mentioned that there's a Trusted BMW pre purchase inspection in Musaffah that a lot of people use. I've never done this before so I'm not sure what to expect. Do they just plug in a scanner or do they actually go through the car properly? And how much should I budget for something like this? I don't want to pay for an inspection and then still end up with a lemon, but I also don't want to skip it and regret it later. Any advice from people who've gone through this would really help me decide.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)